Washington, D.C. – Dec. 1, 2017 (PRNewswire)
WHAT: National Association of Realtors®, S&P Global event on housing and homeownership (OPEN TO PRESS)
WHEN: Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EST
WHERE: National Association of Realtors®, 500 New Jersey Avenue NW, 12th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20001
WHO: Speakers include:
- Dr. Robert Shiller, Sterling Professor Economics, Yale University, and Nobel Prize Winner
- Elizabeth Mendenhall, president, National Association of Realtors®
- Dr. Lawrence Yun, chief economist, National Association of Realtors®
- Senator Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.), member, Senate Banking Committee
- Congressman Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas), chairman, House Financial Services Committee
- Dr. Beth Ann Bovino, chief U.S. economist, S&P Global Ratings
- Jessica Lautz, managing director of survey research and communication, National Association of Realtors®
- Layla Zaidane, chief operating officer, Millennial Action Project
- Alex Nowrasteh, immigration policy analyst, Cato Institute
- Boyd Campbell, real estate professional, Century 21
- Lorraine Woellert, pro financial services reporter, Politico
RSVP: Jon Boughtin, email@example.com, (202) 383-1193
America’s homeownership hovers today around a 50-year low, with low inventory, student debt, affordability and a range of other factors holding back prospective buyers.
On December 6, industry experts and members of the U.S. House and Senate will convene to address those challenges in an event titled “The Future of the U.S. Housing Market.”
Senator Heidi Heitkamp and Chairman Jeb Hensarling will kick off the event with comments on the major issues facing the industry. Both Senator Heitkamp and Congressman Hensarling will take questions immediately following their respective remarks.
Next, Dr. Robert Shiller, Sterling Professor of Economics at Yale University, will offer his insights and perspectives on the state of housing and its economic impact. Dr. Shiller will also take questions immediately following his remarks.
The event will also include a panel on student debt, followed by a panel on housing supply and demand.
This event is open to members of the media. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-383-1193 for more information and to RSVP.
The National Association of Realtors®, “The Voice for Real Estate,” is America’s largest trade association, representing 1.3 million members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.
S&P Global is a leading provider of transparent and independent ratings, benchmarks, analytics and data to the capital and commodity markets worldwide. The Company’s divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. S&P Global has approximately 20,000 employees in 31 countries. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com.
Information about NAR is available at www.nar.realtor.